<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12548974?origin\x3dhttp://catroxzorz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
Thoughts Run Astray
Sunday, June 12, 2005
  torture D:
I think it may be time for a nice long journal about the wonderful world of Italy. So, I was like, updating on the spot until yesterday, when the brilliant Tiffany said she wrote all her LJs out BEFORE she went to the café. Duhr…I can save my precious precious minutes for Gaia. Oh Gaia…but that’s another entry for another day. So, lets begin with a lovely description of the usual day here in Florence.

First I wake up at 7:30 (yes, that is in the AM… D:) and walk to class. Then I endure a nice hour long lecture on some sort of art history. I usually zone out halfway through the thing. Then, we set out on an excursion. Now, our fearless leader DP21, though he looks old, could outwalk the best of them. So, after a brisk walk to wherever we’re going, we have more lecture on the spot. And then when the day comes to a close, I pass out on the couch watching MTV.

So that’s a good rundown of a basic day here in the world of Italy. We’re in a constant state of go. It’s exhausting, but worth it. For example, Today (the 10th) we went to Siena and I saw Lorenzetti’s Effects of Good and Bad Government. I snuck pictures, but they didn’t come out too well…still, it was pretty cool.

And now that you have a rundown of a basic day, I think it may be time to meet the professors. The people in charge of my grade…I often forget I’m getting those at the end of this…
DP21: Or Dr. Patrick for most people. He’s the really fast guy, that makes us write stupid Journals. Oh how I hate those Journals. I’ve actually had DP for Intro to Art…I had to write a stupid essay in that class too. Anyway, he’s the resident art historian and super speed walker.
Jeff Dell: My Drawing professor. He lived in Venice once upon a time, and he’s fluent in Italian…so when I need to know what something says, or how to get it I ask him.
Weller: or Eric…or Eric Weller. He’s the Photography professor. I like him, because he isn’t in charge of my grade XD
David: Oh David, you are quite a Character. I swear, every sentence this man says must hold the words So and Basically. So Basically he’s a pretty cool guy. He instructs the drawing class along with Mr. Jeff Dell. He’s also the dude that runs Artis
Nadia: David’s Italian wife, and the mom. She is just like a mom, the one you go to with any problem. She’s the one that solved the mystery of the hives. We like her.

And so concludes the introductions.

Now for a brief summery of the day’s events, Saturday the 11th
We went to Siena and then to the town of San Gimignano. There I went to a torture museum and then ate world famous gelato. Is it wrong that I find torture devices morbidly fascinating? Is it wrong that I enjoyed a big bowl of gelato afterwards?

I didn’t think so.

In 2 days I go to Venice.

I’m riding a Gondola, no matter how much it cost gosh dernit!
Gondola!
 
Comments:
I got your postcard... thank oo!!! =) That was FAST!
 
That was fast
man, and Nadia was saying the postoffice here is a step below mexico...
 
Hi Catalina Catarina! Thanks for the postcard! I can't wait to see more pictures and to hear more about your trip! I am very jealous..we are soo fighting.. =p
 
Cat,
The pics of the leaning tower are great! Keep having fun :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
Name: Cat
Location: Somewhere in TX
DOB: 2-20-1985
I <3: Chocolate, Kittiez, Cartoons, Drawing, HOT pink and LIME green, Sunny (but not omg hot) days, Chinese food
I <\3 : Bees, Ketchup, Rain without warning, Reality TV, The Olympics
Music: U2, The Clash, Sense Field, Weezer, Ben Kweller, The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and many more
TV: SCRUBS!
archives
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered By:Blogger

Please view me in Firefox at 800X600 or else I look like crap