<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12548974?origin\x3dhttp://catroxzorz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
Thoughts Run Astray
Saturday, October 29, 2005
  u freaking 2
OMFG
U2
FREAKING
PWNS

Anyone thats ever seen a live show knows, there is something really special about being the presence of the artist. The music coursing through you're body, the visual spender, the energy that causes everyone to stand for 2 hours and clap and sing and scream bloody hell. It's like being in the presence of greatness.
Tonight I was in the presence of greatness.
FREAKING AMAZING
Being behind the band really didn't take away much at all. The way the seats are set up, its very steap so we really had a birds eye view. In the end the music is still music and it sounded amazing. I also learned tonight that you should not go to concerts with your parents. They want to leave early.
Case in point:
after the end of the second encore (before they had even finished the song) my dad tells me we're leaving. I say no and wait till they exit the stage. Well, its still dark. Everyone knows that they turn on the lights when its over. We walked past some more seats...still dark. I warn him if they come back out I will kill him. We ride the escalator down and I hear screams and then music.
Damn.
In a frantic dash I take off (Stacey in toe) and end up passing the escalator back up. There was np turning back now so I just keep on runiing. AND low an bwhold there is an open entrance (all of the others had black curtains covering them..and the mean security wouldn't even leave them open so you could stand and listen >>) And its the wheelchair accesable area. There are people standing around the railing, and I walk up to see if there was a place for me to stand. This nice guy in a wheel chair pulls me over and lets me stand next to him. I bow graciously and offer thanks as Yahway is halfway over. In the end it was a better move, we had made it to the front and center of the stage.

Oh dad, you wanted to leave early to avoid the parking issues...in the end it just took longer becuase I had to find you after my escapades.

Hands down best concert ever.
Sorry Weezer, you just lost. ):
It ws U freaking 2
 
Comments:
That sounds AWESOME!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
Name: Cat
Location: Somewhere in TX
DOB: 2-20-1985
I <3: Chocolate, Kittiez, Cartoons, Drawing, HOT pink and LIME green, Sunny (but not omg hot) days, Chinese food
I <\3 : Bees, Ketchup, Rain without warning, Reality TV, The Olympics
Music: U2, The Clash, Sense Field, Weezer, Ben Kweller, The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and many more
TV: SCRUBS!
archives
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered By:Blogger

Please view me in Firefox at 800X600 or else I look like crap