<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12548974?origin\x3dhttp://catroxzorz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
Thoughts Run Astray
Sunday, November 27, 2005
  the exciting adventure in retail after thanksgiving
Do you know what they call the Friday after Thanksgiving?
Black Friday.
They call it that because it usualy puts busnesses back in the black in fainacial terms.
I think they call it that because it sounds like death.
AND I didn't even have to work on Black Friday.
I worked on Saturday and it still sucked.
Lets begin with Saturday morning. I was driving down Southlake Blvd. on the way to 35. AND This cop is blocking the street and detouring everyone. OH BOY I don't know where I'm going. That was fun. Also, it was raining all through Ft. Worth. I hat driving in the rain. SO I drive and drive and drive some more. I get back in SanMar at 3, unload the car and hit the road again to go to work.
They had closed off the exit to the mall. CLOSED IT. The way they had set up the trafic was ridiculous and it took 10 minutes just to get into the mall. Oh it was insane. The store was busy all day and then when It's time to close these people walk in and leasurly look around (I HATE when people do that D:)And then 30 minutes after close this guy tries to get us to open the store back up for him, flashing a wad of cash as a bargining chip.
No dice buddy, no dice.

NOW, my question is WHY? Why there is nothing that amazing that makes it worth all that pain to brave the crowds. The prices arn't that great. Att our store they down right suck. The sale a week ago was better then it is now. :|
Outlet mall prices arn't worth a 4 hour drive from anywhere.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
Name: Cat
Location: Somewhere in TX
DOB: 2-20-1985
I <3: Chocolate, Kittiez, Cartoons, Drawing, HOT pink and LIME green, Sunny (but not omg hot) days, Chinese food
I <\3 : Bees, Ketchup, Rain without warning, Reality TV, The Olympics
Music: U2, The Clash, Sense Field, Weezer, Ben Kweller, The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and many more
TV: SCRUBS!
archives
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered By:Blogger

Please view me in Firefox at 800X600 or else I look like crap