<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12548974?origin\x3dhttp://catroxzorz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
Thoughts Run Astray
Saturday, March 18, 2006
  N.O. Spring Break 06
I rolled in out of NOLA last night at around 7:30, did a load of laundry and took a hot shower. A far cry from the lovely condemed hotel we were glad to call home for the week. It amazed me all week that I was so happy to be there, but it sure was better then light city/city of light/swichplate...whatever the crap it was called.
What to say about the big easy other than it was a sight to behold, you can't really understand what it's like through pictures or words its something that needs to be seen. Spending 4 days gutting out houses in the 9th ward will make you realize just how horrible this huricane was, and just how much work needs to be done to get NOLA back to where it was. You walk into these houses and it's like a time capsule, a moldy horendousely disgusting one. It looks like the flood came it, washed out and everything was just as it had been 6 months ago. You could see the waterline on the walls, the furnature turned on it's side, the clothes in the bottom of the closet...and then you got to carry it ALL out and make a huge pile in the yard. When I say huge I mean it, they were HUGE.
Aside from the manual labor there was some sigh seeing in downtown (another plus of the grandpalace was the awsome location in Downtown) and a lot of Signs. As a rule, most CRU functions include a game of signs. I played every night for at least an hour. We had some regulars, a few TX staters, some kids from Washington, and a few Michiganians. At the end of the week there was some facebook info exchanchanfed (OH FACEBOOK) I ate some binegets and some gumbo and jumbalia. Cajun food is awsome. I did learn that Krystal burger is THE WORST fast food ever. It isn't food I don't think. I think it's overpriced soggy cardboard. I'm also pretty sure that Walgreens had an awsome week thanks to us college kids. It was the only convient store withing walking distance from the hotel.
Of course not everything went well, I stepped on a rusty nail. I sepped on it on the last day of work. It went through my boot and right into my arch. It was horrible, but I have a nice puncture wound now. I spent 2 hours at the emergency room tonight getting a tetnus booster. APARENTLY if you get an injury you have to have a booster within 5 years, it's without injury thats 10. I didn't know that till I looked it up on line and got paranoid. AWSOME! A note to all, if the nurse at the health center suggests you get a booster, fork out the 30 bucks and get the thing becuase if you don't you'll probably step on a rusty nail and spend your Saturday night at the hospital. It's cool though, it's not infected or anything, it just hurts T________T

FYI, don't go see V for Vendeta, it sucks...
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
Name: Cat
Location: Somewhere in TX
DOB: 2-20-1985
I <3: Chocolate, Kittiez, Cartoons, Drawing, HOT pink and LIME green, Sunny (but not omg hot) days, Chinese food
I <\3 : Bees, Ketchup, Rain without warning, Reality TV, The Olympics
Music: U2, The Clash, Sense Field, Weezer, Ben Kweller, The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and many more
TV: SCRUBS!
archives
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered By:Blogger

Please view me in Firefox at 800X600 or else I look like crap