<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12548974?origin\x3dhttp://catroxzorz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
Thoughts Run Astray
Friday, May 11, 2007
  on the subject of today
There are some days that you will never forget. These days stay loged in your memory, engraved forever. May 11, 2004 is one of those days for me. I wish that I didn't remember it so well, and that maybe I could remember all the days prior with as much intensity. Maybe then a day like today wouldn't be so sad. Perhaps sad isn't the right word, I think somber fits better. I am not necisarily depressed but there is a cloud that hangs above this day that I cannot shake.

The sadest day of my life was not the 11th though, it was two days before. Have you ever realized that someone you love is going to die? I mean, die soon, die without enough time. Thats what that day was for me. I hadn't accepted the fact yet, because I was naive and thought that it wouldn't happen. Stuff like that just can't happen to me. It did, and I cried...a lot. But that realization took a lot of the sting out of the acctual passing. It was painful yes, but in a way I was happy. I was happy she wasn't hurting anymore.

A lot of people that have found out that my Mom died (because I don't just come out and say it. That is increadably akward. I wait until I have to tell them, becuase it's come up in conversation. No one ever suspects that she is gone.) reply to me with this: "I don't think I could live without my mom." or something similar. And I have to think...well, you kind of have to. Time won't stop for your loss, it never has for anyone elses. All you can do is pick up and keep moving forward. I mean, thats the only option. (ok not the only one I suppose, but the other one would never cross my mind). Besides, she wouldn't have wanted me to stop anyway. She whould have wanted me to move on and forward. Moms only want the best for their children, and that remains true even after they are gone.

Mom was the person I told everything to. Everything, the important stuff and the mondane. The stuff no one cares about. I asked for advice, I cried when I was hurt, and I turned to her for guidence. Right now I don't have a person like that in my life anymore (though Dad probably gets it more than anyone else, but there are still things that happened that I don't know I will ever tell him. Besides, they are mute now). But there are things I learned from Mom that have gotten me through it, even if she isn't here she can still help me. Thats a nice thought.

1) Be strong. Be ruthlessly strong. You can fight it till the end, you can fight it till death is staring you in the face. You may not win but that is ok, if you fought with all the streanght you had then it was worth it.

2) Love. Love the people close to you withouth ceasing. Love them with that strength, love them with all of your heart. Do anything for them. Your Family will always be with you, there for you, and love you back.

3) Have faith. God's plan is what will guide you. Don't fear the unknown but wholey trust him to make it right. Its not always going to make sense and sometimes it seems unfair but he is doing this for you. He loves you. He will never stop loveing you.



All I can do now is remember who she was. I can't ask for advice or tell her about the road work they're doing that is making my car really dirty, or hug her anymore. I can't see her smile, or get one of those disgruntled mom frowns or berated for a bad decision. I can't have any of that anymore. All I can do is remember it. Hopefully a handfull of these memories will stay as vivid as today in my mind.
 
Comments:
hey. i love you.
she loves you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

about me
Name: Cat
Location: Somewhere in TX
DOB: 2-20-1985
I <3: Chocolate, Kittiez, Cartoons, Drawing, HOT pink and LIME green, Sunny (but not omg hot) days, Chinese food
I <\3 : Bees, Ketchup, Rain without warning, Reality TV, The Olympics
Music: U2, The Clash, Sense Field, Weezer, Ben Kweller, The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and many more
TV: SCRUBS!
archives
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered By:Blogger

Please view me in Firefox at 800X600 or else I look like crap